2019 Picture Week Schedule can be found here!
- Dancers should arrive in costume, hair and makeup ready. Please wear a cover up over your costume, and never eat in costume!
- The studio will be open 30 minutes prior to the first picture in case you come straight from work/school and need to get ready in studio B prior to your scheduled picture time.
- This is a good time to test your “costume box!” Dance bags can get messy, we recommend bringing your costume box instead.
- Parents/siblings/guardians should wait in the lobby while dancers are being photographed. We understand you are excited to see your dancer’s photos, but it can be a big distraction for students to see their parents watching. We promise to make sure every detail is perfect!
- Studio A is our “picture studio.” Studio B is reserved for dancers who have multiple costumes and need to change. Students, siblings, and parents who are not assisting a dancer change should wait in the lobby. Dancers should get changed/ready as quickly as possible and act professionally while waiting. There should be no acrobatics, dancing, or activities that could cause injury to oneself or another dancer, please!
- Nude Leotard/Appropriate Undergarments:
- All dancers in levels 2 and up should have a nude leotard with clear straps to wear under costumes instead of regular undergarments which could show through costumes.
- Nude leotards can be purchased at Carolina Dancewear, but we also recommend the following online options:
- Please have correct brand and color tights and shoes. Our class attire requirements are listed in detail on our “Class Attire” section of our website, and ***be sure to check the costume boards a few weeks before picture week in case your dancer needs different colored/style tights.***
- Hair And Make Up:
- Hair should be performance ready and as described on the Costume Boards.
- Hair should be slicked back with no bangs or “fly-aways,” hair pieces attached.
- No nail polish, please! “French tips,” nude, or clear polish is okay.
- All dancers should wear performance make up to picture week.
- All dancers in level 1, 2, and 3 need Milani 07 “Best Red” lipstick for picture day and Spring Showcase. Bright lights wash out dancer’s faces.
- Creative Movement and Foundations dancers are asked to wear dark pink lipstick for pictures.
- Creative Movement, Foundations, BTJ1, FFHH, All level 2 dancers: No earrings
- Hip Hop and Acro: No earrings
- Levels 3-4 Jazz, Tap, Modern: Diamond earrings supplied by SESD
- Ballet Levels 2-4: No earrings
- *To eliminate confusion, please be sure to select the correct class on order form.*
- ***Dancers in multiple classes: If ordering group or individual photos in different costumes/class, WE NEED A SEPARATE ORDER FORM FOR EACH CLASS/COSTUME.
- Orders need to be placed and paid for before we can take an individual photo of your dancer (individual pictures are optional and only taken if ordered). Please arrive early and/or fill out a form in advance to keep the evening running smoothly and on schedule.
- Order forms will be available in our lobby a few weeks prior to picture day; please feel free to pick one up and fill out in advance!
- Cash, cards, and checks are accepted. Please remember to add sales tax: 6.75%
- Checks should be made to “Henderson Photography” not SESD.
Picture week can be hectic; we truly appreciate your excitement, patience, positivity, and understanding! We LOVE seeing all the girls in their costumes—and lots of smiles!