2020 Picture Week Schedule TBA!
- Dancers should arrive in costume, hair and makeup ready. Please wear a cover up over your costume, and never eat in costume!
- The studio will be open 30 minutes prior to the first picture in case you come straight from work/school and need to get ready in studio B prior to your scheduled picture time.
- This is a good time to test your “costume box!” Dance bags can get messy, we recommend bringing your costume box instead.
- Parents/siblings/guardians should wait in the lobby while dancers are being photographed. We understand you are excited to see your dancer’s photos, but it can be a big distraction for students to see their parents watching. We promise to make sure every detail is perfect!
- Studio A is our “picture studio.” Studio B is reserved for dancers who have multiple costumes and need to change. Students, siblings, and parents who are not assisting a dancer change should wait in the lobby. Dancers should get changed/ready as quickly as possible and act professionally while waiting. There should be no acrobatics, dancing, or activities that could cause injury to oneself or another dancer, please!
- Nude Leotard/Appropriate Undergarments:
- All dancers in levels 2 and up should have a nude leotard with clear straps to wear under costumes instead of regular undergarments which could show through costumes.
- Nude leotards can be purchased at Carolina Dancewear, but we also recommend the following online options:
- Please have correct brand and color tights and shoes. Our class attire requirements are listed in detail on our “Class Attire” section of our website, and ***be sure to check the costume boards a few weeks before picture week in case your dancer needs different colored/style tights.***
- Hair And Make Up:
- Hair should be performance ready and as described on the Costume Boards.
- Hair should be slicked back with no bangs or “fly-aways,” hair pieces attached.
- No nail polish, please! “French tips,” nude, or clear polish is okay.
- All dancers should wear performance make up to picture week.
- All dancers in level 1, 2, and 3 need Milani 07 “Best Red” lipstick for picture day and Spring Showcase. Bright lights wash out dancer’s faces.
- Creative Movement and Foundations dancers are asked to wear dark pink lipstick for pictures.
- Creative Movement, Foundations, BTJ1, FFHH, All level 2 dancers: No earrings
- Hip Hop and Acro: No earrings
- Levels 3-4 Jazz, Tap, Modern: Diamond earrings supplied by SESD
- Ballet Levels 2-4: No earrings
Picture week can be hectic; we truly appreciate your excitement, patience, positivity, and understanding! We LOVE seeing all the girls in their costumes—and lots of smiles!