Town of Pleasant Garden Christmas Parade
December 2, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Link to our Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1853298334706517/
-PG Inclement Weather: Rain Date-Sunday, December 9th
…Typically, we do not attend rain dates; however, we will plan on attending PG’s rain date this season. Again, if the weather is cold and rainy/sleeting, we reserve the right to choose not to participate if we believe the conditions are too unsafe for our participants. Hopefully, the weather is good and if it’s not, PG will choose to use their rain date.
-Rehearsal at SESD:
- Performance Team dancers rehearse 9:30-10:45
- “Run Run Rudolph” dancers rehearse 10:15-10:45
- Float riders and float volunteers do not need to attend
- Dancers do not need to be in “costume,” but should have hair secured out of their face
-What to wear:
- Run, Run, Rudolph Dancers, Float riders, Volunteers, Walkers: Nutcracker themed sweatshirt, jeans (any color), tennis shoes (any color), hair in a high ponytail (volunteers do not need a ponytail unless desired). White gloves, bows, earmuffs, etc. are optional.
- Team: Silver dress, caramel tights, tan jazz shoes. Hair in a low bun, left side part. Performance make up and red lipstick. Dancers may wear a jacket/sweatshirt/leggings/etc. as cover ups before the parade begins.
–Call time/Drop Off Instructions for all float riders, pre-approved float volunteers, and all dancers/walkers:
- Drop off Location: Hansen Brickyard (near Ryegate/PG Road, same location as last year)
- All participants should check in with Miss Carey at our float between 1:45-1:55. You will need to give her the name of which parent will pick up your dancer.
- The roads will begin closing after 2:00pm, and the parade begins at 3:00pm.
- There are not bathrooms at Hansen Brickyard, and we cannot take dancers to the bathroom after they have been dropped off, please plan accordingly.
- Our line up spots are 85-A, 85-B, and 85-C.
-Pick Up Instructions:
- ***Please check your dancer out with Mrs. Katherine before you leave, do not take your dancer without confirming with Mrs. Katherine. Dancers will not be released to anyone other than their parent/legal guardian whose name was given at check-in.
- Pick Up Area: PG Elementary School
- We will be somewhere in the PG Elem parking lot, sometimes we are required to travel towards the back, but we usually end up stopping somewhere in the middle. Look for our float 🙂
- Please remind your dancer to wait at our float until parent checks them out with Mrs. Katherine. They are not allowed to run across the lot to see a friend, etc. We have lovely volunteers, but the kids need to be prepared and know they need to stay with us until a parent arrives.
-Volunteer Information: Thank you for volunteering your time to help make our parade experience as smooth and enjoyable as possible!
- PG Parade Float Volunteers: Telina Batts, Kimberly Cripps, Brooke Dimaio, Kelly Flournoy, Kassie Lee, Amber Lowery, Abby Everhart
- During the PG parade, you may arrive during the same time as dancers/float riders. The wait time at PG is typically longer than Liberty, so we may not load the dancers on to the float right away. Either way, we will need your assistance supervising dancers before we load the float and when everyone is seated. Each volunteer will have a designated spot and will be responsible for the float riders around your spot. Keep those smiles on and make sure they don’t toss too much candy too quickly! 😉
Link to our Christmas Parade Info tab: http://se-dance.com/christmas-parades/