Christmas Parade Information
We always enjoy participating in the Liberty and Pleasant Garden Christmas parades each year! While call times and locations can differ, dates remain the same each year.
Liberty Parade: First Saturday in December
Pleasant Garden Parade: First Sunday in December
- Who can participate?
- All of our students are invited to participate!
- Dancers in Creative Movement and Foundations are invited to ride the float.
- Due to limited space on our float, we recommend reserving your spot as soon as sign ups open.
- We will need some parents to ride along and supervise, but we may not be able to let every parent ride with their student. Parent volunteers will be selected by studio director prior to each parade, and only pre-selected volunteers will be allowed on the float. We do not need parent volunteers to walk behind or in front of our float/dancers.
- We ask that float riders initially only sign up for 1 parade OR list first and second choice so all dancers have a chance to participate. If there are open spots in either parade as the date approaches, we are happy to invite dancers to ride the float in both parades!
- Performance Team dancers are required to perform.
- Dancers in levels 1-4 are invited to sign up to learn a parade dance to perform behind our float! There will be extra rehearsal times, and all are mandatory; TBA by October.
- What do participants wear?
- Performance Team dancers will wear the team dress, and all other participants will need to purchase our Christmas themed SESD sweatshirt or t-shirt! White gloves and earmuffs are permitted.
- Do dancers/walkers have to sign up for both parades?
- We would love to have high participation in both parades, but you are welcome to pick one!
- Is there any extra cost?
- Float riders need only purchase the themed t-shirt or sweatshirt. Non-Performance Team dancers will need to purchase the themed attire as well as turn in a $5 participation fee that will cover the cost of rehearsals.