Commitments & Expectations:
- Southeast Savages is a recreational level Hip Hop competition team that represents SESD at community performances, festivals, parades, competitions, and our annual Showcase.
- SS Team dancers will receive training that will push them out of their comfort zone, challenge their minds and bodies, and create a sense of accomplishment as well as a desire to continue to learn and grow even more.
- Even though Southeast Savages is a recreational team, a high level of professionalism is expected. Accepting a position on our SS Team will require extra dedication and possibly personal sacrifices. Being part of the Team means each member relies on other teammates, instructors, and choreographers to be present and diligent. By accepting a position with our Team, each dancer is making a real commitment to SESD, the director, choreographers, and their teammates.
- Negative attitudes will not be tolerated. Anything less than kindness and polite behavior could affect a team member’s eligibility to remain on the team.
- Team members should be respectful to other dancers as well as their instructors and choreographers. An open and willing attitude is imperative.
- Team members are held responsible for learning and retaining choreography. Videos will be posted online to review, and music files can be sent upon request. It is each dancer’s personal responsibility to be sure he/she remembers and can correctly perform choreography.
- Students who plan to audition and/or are offered a position on the SS Team are required to attend classes regularly during the Summer and Fall/Spring season.
- Team members are expected to arrive for weekly classes and all rehearsals early and in proper dress code.
- Team members should be absent from weekly technique class no more than 6 days per semester. Excessive absences should be made up in another age/level appropriate class in order to remain eligible to participate on the Team.
- Team members are expected to attend each performance and rehearsal. The only excused absences are family or medical emergency/illness according to our Illness Policy. Unexcused absences could result in dismissal from the Team.
- Any rehearsals cancelled due to inclement weather will be made up in a timely manner.
- If a dancer “quits” the Team or is dismissed from the Team before the end of the season for any reason other than extreme injury or family emergency, a $150 re-blocking fee will be collected and no other fees can be refunded.
- Student for one full season at SESD
- Enrolled in hip hop AND jazz OR acro at SESD.
- All dancers who audition are welcome to include a request for a solo, duo, or trio to take to competitions. Please check that option on your Audition Registration form at the time of your audition.
- Mandatory Parent/Dancer Interest Meeting: Sunday, June 2nd 6:15-6:45
- Dancers are required ot pre-register for auditions. Pre-Registration for Auditions open Monday, June 3rd and closes Monday, June 17th at 8:00pm.
- 2019-2020 Season Audition: Tuesday June 18th, 2019
- 2019-2020 Choreography Camps: July 8th-27th, 2019
- Tuesdays 7:30-8:45 and/or Thursdays 7:45-9:00, pending number of groups and dancer’s ages.
- Dancers should arrive 10 minutes early to warm up on their own.
- 2019-2020 Fall/Spring Rehearsals will be held on Friday evenings between 5:00-9:00
- Confirmed August/September Rehearsals: 8/16, 8/23, 9/6, 9/13, 9/20, 10/4, 10/11, 10/18…Other dates TBD
- Audition Fee: $5
- Audition Date: Tuesday, June 18th
- Southeast Savages: All Ages/Levels
- Check in 4:30-4:45, Audition 5:00-6:00
- Attire: Black leggings and solid color, fitted tank or t-shirt. Hair should in a performance-ready ponytail. Clean tennis shoes.
2019-2020 Team Information:
- Southeast Savages Teams:
- Group A (Ages 7-12/Beginner-Intermediate)
- Group B (Ages 12+/Intermediate-Advanced)
- Please note, we need 4 dancers per team. Teams may be combined if fewer than 4 dancers audition in each age group.
- Additional solos, duos, and trios will be determined by the Director and students/parents will have the option to accept or decline their solo/duo/trio invitation.
- Choreography Camp: $40
- Per Month (August-June): $45
- Costume: $50 (does not include cost of Team hip hop shoes)
- *Solos/duos/trios will need an extra costume and will require an additional $50 costume fee
- Convention and Competition fees are separate and will be due prior to each event
- 2019-2020 Convention and Competitions will be announced prior to auditions.
- Convention fees vary; typically $270-$300, and do not include fees for the accompanying competition entry fees or hotel fees.
- Competition fees vary; typically $45-$55 for Group numbers, $60-$70 for duos/trios, and $95-$115 for solos.
CONFIRMED Fall Rehearsals: (More Will Be Added)
- August 16, 23
- September 6, 13, 20
- October 4, 11, 18, 25
TENTATIVE 2019-2020 Events: (Pending acceptance and weather)
- October Convention: Monsters of Hip Hop (Greensboro, NC)
- October Performance: Nathaniel Greene Fall Festival
- First Saturday/Sunday in December: Liberty and PG Christmas Parades
- December Performance: Alamance Elementary Winter Fest
- March Competition: Showstoppers (Concord, NC), 20th-22nd
- June Performance: SESD Spring Showcase
- Team Tank Top (purchased through SESD)
- Black leggings
- Hair in a ponytail
- Clean tennis shoes
- Costumes TBD for each group
- We will be purchasing matching shoes–brand, style, color will be determined after costumes have been selected.