Performance Company Information
Commitments & Expectations:
- SESD’s Performance Company is a pre-professional group that represents SESD at community performances, festivals, parades, competitions, and our annual Showcase; including a featured role in our opening number. We strive to provide our community with the highest quality training possible, and the Company is a direct representation of that goal.
- Dancers will receive training that will push them out of their comfort zone, challenge their minds and bodies, and create a sense of accomplishment as well as a desire to continue to learn and grow even more. Dancers will learn the importance of personal responsibility, respect towards one’s self as well as others, and many other lessons and values they can carry with them in their daily lives both now and as an adult.
- Considering the level of professionalism expected, accepting a position in the Company will require extra dedication and possibly personal sacrifices. Being part of a team means each member relies on other teammates, instructors, and choreographers to be present and diligent.
- Company members should be respectful to other dancers as well as their instructors and choreographers. An open and willing attitude is imperative.
- Company members are held responsible for learning and retaining choreography. Videos will be posted online to review, and music files can be sent upon request. It is each dancer’s personal responsibility to be sure he/she remembers and can correctly perform choreography.
- Company members are required to attend classes regularly during the Summer and Fall/Spring season.
- Members are expected to arrive for weekly classes and all rehearsals early and in proper dress code.
- Members should be absent from weekly technique class no more than 6 days per semester. Excessive absences should be made up in another age/level appropriate class in order to remain eligible to participate on the Team.
- Members are expected to attend each performance and rehearsal. The only excused absences are family or medical emergency/illness according to our Illness Policy. Unexcused absences could result in dismissal from the Company.
- Any rehearsals cancelled due to inclement weather will be made up in a timely manner.
- If a dancer “quits” or is dismissed from the Team before the end of the season for any reason other than extreme injury or family emergency, a $150 re-blocking fee will be collected and no other fees can be refunded.
- Student for one full season at SESD
- Enrolled in ballet, jazz, and modern at SESD. Strongly encouraged to enroll in Acro classes.
- Company membership is open to dancers in levels 4-5 and is by invitation only. Dancers interested in participating in the Company should contact studio director at [email protected]
Important Dates (2020-2021):
- Mandatory Parent/Dancer Interest Meeting: TBA
- 2020-2021 Choreography Camps: TBA
- Typically, Team Fees are as follows, but can vary year to year:
- Choreography Camp: $70
- Per Month (August-June): $55
- Costume: $65
- Convention and Competition fees are separate and will be due prior to each event
- Convention fees vary; typically $350, and do not include fees for the accompanying competition entry fees or hotel fees.
- Competition fees vary; typically $45-$85 for Group numbers, $60-$95 for duos/trios, and $105-$150 for solos.
- Company members attend Jump (convention & competition, generally in November) and Showstoppers (competition only, generally in March)
- Company may also perform at various festivals and choreography Showcases pending availability and acceptance.
- Company members are required to perform in Christmas parade(s).
- Leotard (any color/style)
- Theatrical Pink Convertible tights
- Hair in a bun
- Skirts, dance shorts, and fitted tanks/sweaters are optional and up to director’s discretion
- Shoes vary by style and group, TBD with the start of each new season
- Costumes TBD for each group
- Tights/Shoes as listed above. Sometimes, we will wear tennis shoes for outdoor events; to be coordinated as event details are finalized.