The SESD performance team will represent our studio at community performances and local festivals. Performing with our team will require extra work and dedication, but it will be worth the extra effort! We want to provide our community with the highest quality training and entertainment, which is exactly what our performance team will represent.
2018-2019 Team Information will be available soon!
- Student for 1 full season at SESD (Fall/Spring and Summer Session)
- Enrolled in…
Commitments & Expectations:
- Students who plan to audition are required to attend classes regularly over the summer as well as the Fall/Spring season. Excessive absences should be made up in another age/level appropriate class.
- Please contact Katherine if you have questions or may be out of town the majority of the summer, we know everyone needs a vacation at times, and can try to work out a plan so your dancer attends enough summer classes in order to be eligible to audition.
- Dancers who choose to participate in the performance team are expected to maintain a high level of professionalism in rehearsals as well as in class, and should strive to be positive examples for their classmates and other dancers.
- Team members are expected to arrive for weekly classes and all rehearsals in proper dress code.
- Negative attitudes will not be tolerated. Dance is a positive activity, and anything less than kindness and polite behavior could affect a team member’s eligibility to remain on the team.
- Team members are held responsible for learning and retaining choreography. Videos will be posted online to review. It is each dancer’s personal responsibility to be sure he/she remembers and can correctly perform choreography.
- Team members are expected to attend each performance and rehearsal listed below.
- Rehearsal Attire:
- Black leotard
- Pink or tan tights
- Black dance shorts or ballet skirts (wrap skirt for older dancers)
- Tan jazz shoes and pink ballet slippers (same as required for class according to our “Class Attire” requirements)
- Performance Attire:
- SESD Jacket
- SESD V-neck
- Black leotard, pink and tan tights, black dance shorts
- Tan jazz shoes, pink ballet slippers, sometimes tennis shoes
- Leotard and shorts brand/styles TBA; tights and shoes same as required for class according to our “Class Attire” requirements.
- Team Rehearsal and Performance Expectations:
- 2017-2018 Policy: Dancers are allowed one excused absence per season (1-Fall 1-Spring) with advance written notice. Illness, family emergencies, and injuries will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- 2018-2019 Policy: TBA
- Any weather cancellations will be made up ASAP.
- Dancers are expected to attend all performances listed below.
- May 18th
- 5:30-6:00 Emeralds/Rubies PARADE Choreography (“Good Vibrations”)
- 6:00-7:00 ALL GROUPS SHOWCASE Choreography (“Alice”)
- 7:00-7:45 Diamonds PARADE Choreography (“Can’t Stop The Feelin'”)
- June 2nd
- 10:45 AM-11:30 AM* ALL GROUPS SHOWCASE Choreography (“Alice”)
- Production Number during annual Spring Showcase–June 16th