- This event has passed.
Town of Liberty Christmas Parade
December 1, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Unfortunately, the forecast looks a bit worse today around 2-4pm, so we have decided not to attend the Liberty parade today. It’s always a tough call to make, but we appreciate everyone’s understanding!
If your dancer had only signed up for the Liberty parade and would like to attend PG tomorrow instead, please text or email Mrs. Katherine at [email protected] by 8pm tonight.
LIBERTY PARADE UPDATE (11/30):
-Inclement Weather: The Liberty parade goes on rain or shine. However, we will make a decision regarding SESD’s participation at least 1 hour prior to the Drop Off time. We have to consider damage the weather could cause to our float decorations, and most importantly–the health and safety of our participants; the majority of which are between ages 4-12. Please be sure to check our Facebook event prior to travelling to Liberty if there is rain or a chance of rain Saturday. I will also try to send an email as long as I have access to my laptop.
-Rehearsal at SESD:
- Performance Team dancers rehearse 9:30-10:45
- “Run Run Rudolph” dancers rehearse 10:15-10:45
- Float riders and float volunteers do not need to attend
- Dancers do not need to be in “costume,” but should have hair secured out of their face
-What to wear:
- Run, Run, Rudolph Dancers, Float riders, Volunteers, Walkers: Nutcracker themed sweatshirt, jeans (any color), tennis shoes (any color), hair in a high ponytail (volunteers do not need a ponytail unless desired). White gloves, bows, earmuffs, etc. are optional.
- Team: Silver dress, caramel tights, tan jazz shoes. Hair in a low bun, left side part. Performance make up and red lipstick. Dancers may wear a jacket/sweatshirt/leggings/etc. as cover ups before the parade begins.
-Call time/Drop Off Instructions for all float riders, pre-approved float volunteers, and all dancers/walkers:
- All parade participants need to meet Miss Carey in the Liberty Family Pharmacy parking lot (430 N Greensboro St, Liberty, 27298) between 1:30-1:40. Please take your dancer to Miss Carey so she can mark your dancer as “present” and assign her to a volunteer (volunteers: please see information specifically for you below!).
- At this time, you will need to give Miss Carey the name of which parent will pick up your dancer.
- At 1:40, Miss Carey and pre-approved volunteers (listed below) will walk participants down to Butler Ave/Luther Ave where our float will be parked in the parade line up.
- The walk to our float will be on side streets, not the main road, and many roads will be blocked off for the parade by then. It’s about a 2 block walk, max .5 miles.
- Please plan to arrive and be ready to go 1:30-1:40. We cannot wait longer than 1:40 due to directions we have received from the parade organizers. We need to be in place by 2:00, and the parade begins at 2:30.
- There are not always bathrooms nearby, please plan accordingly.
-Pick Up Instructions: (Please refer to the parade route map below)
- ***Please check your dancer out with Mrs. Katherine before you leave, do not take your dancer without confirming with Mrs. Katherine. Dancers will not be released to anyone other than the parent/legal guardian whose name was given at check-in.
- Pick Up Area: Parking lot “B” which is the Charter Furniture parking lot. It is located behind Liberty Tire at address 100 E Newberry, Liberty, NC 27298. (The address says Newberry Street, but the actual parking lot is on the corner of Newberry and Fayetteville St.)
- As we turn onto Fayetteville street to end the parade, we will pass the Liberty Elementary School (on right). We will keep going straight–past Liberty Tire (on left) and parking lot “B” will be on our right.
- The parking lot will be marked on the day of and there will be a traffic director.
- Parents are encouraged to park in Parking lot “B” after you drop off your dancer. You can then walk up the road a bit to watch the parade–this makes pick up much easier!
- Liberty Parade Float Volunteers: Telina Batts, Aliceson Coble, Brooke Dimaio, Kassie Lee, Amber Lowery, Abby Everhart
- During the Liberty parade, we will need to you to meet at the designated Drop Off location (Liberty Family Pharmacy) at 1:30. Please check in with Miss Carey, and see if she needs anything specific. Please keep in mind, we have been asked not to park/leave cars in this lot, so we suggest having someone drop you off and move your car to the end of the parade route.
- We will need your assistance walking dancers from the drop off location to our spot in the line up on Butler/Luther Ave.
- When you arrive at our float, please find your designated spot and help float riders up. We need you to keep them happy until the parade begins, and be sure they remain seated (and happy!) during the parade.